We completed our homestudy on April 12th (YEAH!!), and are waiting for it to be written and then submitted to our agency for approval. As soon as we get the approval, we will send the homestudy and an application (called an I800A) to US Customs and Immigrations. This is to get approval from our government to adopt a child from China. This process usually takes 1-2 months.
In the past week we've sent lots of our dossier paperwork to both Harrisburg and to New York to get certified and authenticated. This paperwork, our homestudy, and the approval from US Customs will go to China to get final approval to adopt Emily. This step can take up to 4 months! :(
Then, there will be more paperwork to submit to our government to get actual approval to adopt Emily. Sound confusing??? Yes, it is!! There are so many steps and so much time waiting. Sigh! Especially since John and I just want to go scoop her up and bring her home!!! But, I know God's timing is perfect...I have to remind myself of that often!!
Several weeks ago while overhearing John and I discussing where everyone would sleep once Emily came home, Seth brought me this:
Shhh...don't tell him I posted this! :) He is going to be such an awesome big brother!!
Definitely made his mom cry!
So, while we wait we do this...
Paint Emily's room.
Thanks, John!! It looks awesome!
And I continue to read, and read, and read some more! There is so much information to process and preparations to make. For now, we just keep counting down the days and pray for her and the day we will finally get to meet!
We love you sweet Emily Grace!
No comments:
Post a Comment