Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's on its way!!!!

Our homestudy is completed and our I800A forms are in the mail and on their way to Texas!  YEAH!!!  One more check off the list! 

We have Emily's room almost finished.  It's very girly... we all love it! We were all hanging out in there last night thinking about a beautiful little 3 year old in China!!  :)


That's my old furniture when I was a little girl. Thanks mom and dad for sharing, and John, Kyle, and Seth for carrying all of that furniture!  I can't believe OUR little girl will be sleeping there soon! 


I've been reading everything I can about international adoption including more families' blogs than I can count.....mainly because I've been thinking a lot about the day we finally meet Emily.  Even though I try to picture every possible scenario, it's just impossible to imagine what she will be feeling. I do know this much...it will be so very difficult for her.  She literally will feel like we are kidnapping her. 

Imagine someone taking you to China where you don't look like anyone else and can't understand anything they are saying.  Imagine having to  leave everything that was normal to you including your family.  That's what Emily will be experiencing.  We will have a guide in China with us, but Emily may actually speak a local dialect rather than Mandarin, and may not be able to communicate well due to her repaired cleft lip/palate. So, we pray....for her little heart that will be so so sad,  for her transition, for bonding, for strength for us during the rough times, for our boys and their transition, and also for her birth momma and foster momma.  

In the meantime, to keep myself from stalking the mailman who will be bringing our approval letter back from USCIS, I will keep reading and learning everything I possibly can.....

No comments:

Post a Comment