We had breakfast and just hung out in the room.
Ok, the boys may have been a little bored.....
They seat all of the adoptive families together, most likely for containment purposes, but it is nice seeing familiar faces every morning!
This afternoon, Kyle and I went shopping with Ann from Red Thread. We just love her! She lives here in Guangzhou and has a huge heart for orphans and adoptive families. We've used her service to send care packages to both our girls and to the orphanage, and went shopping with her on our last trip. We were all going to go, but we decided last evening that due to Shay sometimes running ahead as a game, it may be best for just a few of us to go. John and Seth hung out with the girls and found the outdoor playground. They had a good time and Kyle and I had a lot of fun with Ann and found lots of great things!! We rode the subway to a shopping plaza and then took a cab to the Pearl Market.
Ann told us to take pictures of these! The above is duck feet and the lower picture is duck tongue. I asked her if she ever ate it and she said it is too expensive! Would be about 20 USD per pound! She said the tongue is BBQued and is really good though. Ummm..I'll pass!
This shop only sold hair accessories. They were so inexpensive I may just have gone a little overboard....
The girls drew pictures this evening. Oh my. Be still my heart! :)
This was Emily's picture for Shay!
We had a good day! Headed to bed early as Shay's consulate appointment is tomorrow. That is our LAST appointment and piece of paperwork we have to do to complete our adoption!! Whoohoo! It also means we need to be downstairs eating breakfast at 6:30 AM tomorrow. Yikes! Good night everyone!!
Love following along and seeing familiar sites. I almost choked up when I heard the "Good morning, Mama." How sweet. You are so blessed!! :) Praying for the boys and their boredom. You're getting to that "time to go home" part of the trip, lol. Safe travels and enjoy the few days you have left. :)
ReplyDelete