Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Look what I stumbled across....

While on the Internet a few weeks ago, I came across a post about a little girl who was about to be adopted.  The person writing the post was from the House of Love, a wonderful place in Guilin (the city Emily is from) that takes care of orphans who need more specialized care than what the orphanage can provide.  Well, that person was desperately looking for a family about to adopt "Sophie". Here's the post: 

http://www.anorphanswish.org/blog/2012/08/22/sophie-has-a-family/

Well, as soon as I saw the pictures, I realized the post was actually referring to Kate, the three year old daughter of Michelle, a friend of mine that I met online in the Guilin Yahoo group I belong to.  You following me??   :)    The evening that I saw the post was the night before Michelle's family was leaving to go to China to get Kate!   Well, I quickly sent Michelle the link and she was able to connect with them and now has lots of pictures of her Kate ("Sophie")during that time!  So cool!!  And little Kate is now home with her forever family!!!

There's more!  Well, as I sat at the computer..... just amazed at how God directed me to that post, that particular website, and how God has orchestrated every little detail of our adoptions and has linked us all together,  it was like a lightening bolt went off!  I suddenly realized that maybe, just maybe, Emily was at the House of Love at some point too!!  See, we adoptive moms hang on to any little morsel or piece of information we can glean about our children....we study their photos, re-read their referral reports....anything to learn more about them.  And, just that morning, I was sad thinking I only had a handful of pictures of Emily.  Our last request for photos was denied. Well, I quickly scanned the website and guess what I found.......

Our Emily!!!!!

Here's the link that I found:  

http://www.anorphanswish.org/meet-our-graduates/michelle.html

God is sooooo good!  Not only am I excited to have a photo of her when she was younger, but to know that she was loved on by the House of Love during those months warms my heart!!  And, we will get additional photos of her from that time once we are home!  

Oh, one last thing....check out what the HOL called her while she was there.....Michelle!!  :)  God made sure I didn't miss her photo!!! 

Thank you Lord for providing for me.....even when I doubt!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment