We made it to Hong Kong! Our driver picked us up at 4:30 with a really nice van. The boys thought it was cool that the steering wheel was on the right hand side! It took our driver, Daniel, 3 hours to get us to Hong Kong. The traffic was absolutely crazy. Just bumper to bumper the whole way until we went through customs and immigration. Emily slept about half the way and woke up really upset. It only took about 5 minutes though to calm her down with some graham cracker type sticks. She then sang songs with the iPad the rest of the way. Thank goodness for our iPad!! She gets fussy when she knows we are packing and leaving. I can't blame her. What a brave little girl she has been! Please keep praying for her!!
Randi, we went by Ba'on and waved hello to Abigail and Jennifer!!! We can't wait to read your blog in a few months welcoming them home!!
I'm glad I've spent the last 9 months reading lots of other adoptive parents' blogs, otherwise we would have been a little nervous going through customs! Because Hong Kong is a separate country we had to go through customs just like you would going into Canada. Well, our van driver pulled up and they reviewed our passports at immigration. Then we went through to customs. At that point, our driver opened the doors on both sides and a lady came running toward our van with a mask on! She had a gun shaped device that she aimed at each of our heads and you could hear the click....if I didn't know that it was going to happen and had warned the boys, we would have been freaking out! They were checking our temperature. But, they could certainly handle that a little better!!
Our driver was very interested in learning about Emily and just shook his head when he learned Emily had been abandoned. He was from Hong Kong. He told us we now had a wonderful "Merry Christmas present." We couldn't agree more!!
We checked into the Sky City Marriott which is beautiful!! We went up to the executive floor lounge and had some hors d'ourves and soda. We then gave Emily a bath, which she loves, and are getting ready for bed. Our flight leaves tomorrow at 11:25. Please keep praying for us and for the long trip ahead.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying for a safe trip home with your little girl!!! I just love reading these everyday! Emily is so lucky to have you guys as her family. God bless you all. I can't wait to read more...
ReplyDeletePatti Brendlinger
So sweet of you to think of my little ones on the way by! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteWow, I hadn't heard of the thermometer gun thing, so if we go home that way, I'll need to pick your brain for more details on that.
You are nearly done! Happy (and quick) travel thoughts and prayers for you. Thank you for letting us travel with you.
Can't wait to see u guys!!! Hoping u have a safe and quick flight.. Cole Cable:)
ReplyDeleteJust think, in about 2-1/2 hours her feet touch down in U.S. :) So glad to have you home! Love, ~J
ReplyDeleteSafe travels! Can't wait to start hearing how she adjust to her forever home.
ReplyDeleteJenn
Welcome to America Emily! Plane just landed in Newark per airline website. I wish it had just landed in Pittsburgh, but soon. Soon! Love, J
ReplyDeleteSo glad, relieved, and thankful you are back home. Anxious to hear all the details of your long day. It will be great seeing you all and finally meeting Emily! Now I am officially Grammy of eight! Praise God all is well.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom