Sunday, December 2, 2012

One more sleep!!!

We made it to Nanning!  Our flight took 3 1/2 hours from Beijing and we were delayed about an hour, so we just got to our hotel tonight around 10:00.


Our guide, Caroline, met us at the baggage claim.  She explained that Nanning is known as the 'Green City' because there are lots of lush parks and green landscape all year round.   They only have 2 seasons here, spring and summer.  Wonder what Emily will think of the snow??  It was 59 degrees when we landed, and the drive to our hotel was beautiful!  I'm so glad we are getting to experience different areas of China!  The traffic is not nearly as crazy here either.  There is actually a car length or two in between the vehicles!  And, oh my goodness, our hotel here in Nanning, the Marriott, is beautiful!!  (Thank you Robin and Michelle for recommending that we stay here.  We will definitely enjoy our time here!!)

Caroline gave us some additional information about Emily tonight including things she likes to eat, her sleeping habits, her likes and dislikes (firecrackers!!), and that she is an active and lively girl (sounds like she will fit right in with two active and lively big brothers!).  We found out that we will meet Caroline tomorrow at 3pm and will go to the Civil Affair Office to meet Emily.  I can't believe it is tomorrow!  We are so excited, yet my heart is heavy realizing that this is the last night she has with her foster family and that her world tomorrow will be completely changed.  It's hard, especially now that we are here experiencing her culture, to realize that we are taking her away from all that she knows.  We know that she doesn't have a future here, and that after the age of 14 she is unadoptable.  It still makes us sad. Please pray for her.  She will have a long trip from Guilin before even meeting us.  Please also pray for peace and comfort for her foster family.  We are so thankful to them for caring for Emily throughout her surgeries, and they will be losing a little girl tomorrow they have cared for for 2 1/2 years. 

Wow! After 9 months of waiting, the next time we post we will have Emily Grace in our arms! 

Thank you again for your prayers and also for all of your sweet comments.  We always look forward to logging on and seeing them!  Your prayers are so comforting to us, and have brought us lots of peace!!

7 comments:

  1. Definitely will pray for everyone! Wow! 2 1/2 years that is a long time for her to have been in foster care! I wonder why it has taken so long for her to be place, but then again I am sure it was so she could be with your family. Hope all goes well. So excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily wasn't "up for adoption" until last December. I don't know how or why China chooses some children to be adopted as infants and others not until they are older, but she simply wasn't adoptable and paper-ready until a year ago. We feel so blessed to be her forever 'mama' and 'baba.' Thank you for your prayers! They are so appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Lisa (Tamma's friend)December 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM

    Praying for your family. Praying for sweet Emily. Cannot wait to see your blessed family together. Praying for a smooth time with joyful memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I appreciate all of the advice you have given me! We have our Ergo ready!! :) Looking forward to the day our girls meet!

      Delete
    2. Janice - too funny to see you writing the word Ergo. :) It will be fun watching you parent a child younger than mine for a change!

      Delete
  3. Hi it's cole again.. We have all been checking the blog and it is awesome! Good job on it! Good luck tommorrow in getting Emily and have a good time.. I hope she will love snow! But most importantly I think she is going to love going camping with the cedar creek and the eagle! I know we have to wait the whole winter but it will be tons of fun!!! Can't wait to meet her! Tell the boys and papa bear I said hi! In our thoughts! Cable family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally figured out how to comment! the pictures of the Great Wall are beautiful! Also the sleds looked like a blast! I liked that pink car too haha(: I can't believe tomorrow you will finally meet Emily!:)) I can't wait to see pictures of her in your arms! I hope and pray the transition goes smoothly! Tell Kyle I said hi(: Emily is in my prayers everyday!
    Mackenzie(:

    ReplyDelete