Saturday, July 19, 2014

File = Family

Yesterday was a great day!!!!  We received our daughter's file!!  I slept terribly on Thursday night, waking numerous times.  For the past 2.5 months my ipad or phone has been next to my bed just in case we got "The" email.  Well, I refused to check it and be disappointed yet again.  At 6:30, I gave in and looked.  Our file was there!  We were so excited.  We had to accept the file by submitting a Letter of Intent and then later that evening received word that we had our PA or pre-approval to adopt our daughter.  She will be ours!!! 

Now I can FINALLY introduce you to our sweet daughter and sister, Shay Meilyn.





Shay is 7 years old (2 years older than Emily) and will hopefully join our family before the end of the year.  We are praying she is home by Christmas!

Here is a video from our agency that we saw 7 months ago when we started the process of her adoption.  Isn't she darling??  We love you sweet girl, and can't wait to bring you home!




 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little girl! Are you working with BAAS because that sounds a lot like Xiaoqing talking in the video. We used BAAS for two adoptions one in 2010 and one in 2012. Can't wait to follow along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete