Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 50, but who's counting????

We are still waiting on our LOA (Letter of Approval) for Shay. This is our formal document to adopt Shay and resume the process on the US side to get her visa issued so we can head to China and bring her home.  The normal approval time can vary greatly from 40-100+ days, but has recently been around 70.  We were given an update 2 days ago that our dossier is OOT (out of translation- not sure of the date) and is still in the Review room.  However, our agency director, Xiaoqing, who is phenomenal, spoke to the man in the review room who confirmed that he hoped to have it done this week and forwarded to the Matching room which is the final step before our LOA is issued.  For all of my non-adoption friends, this means we should have our LOA within the next 2 weeks.....and then the countdown begins!!  It is then usually 8-10 weeks until travel.  I have finally allowed myself to start looking at flights and dates and am praising God that we should have her home before Christmas!!  Yay!   In fact, we are now close to the same timeline that we had with Emily 2 years ago!  We received her LOA on 9/24 and left for China 11/28.

We have had a really great summer camping with our friends, spending time with family,
and watching lots of baseball games.  I want time to go faster to bring Shay home, yet want it to slow down to enjoy my family!  Here's lots of pictures of our summer months since I've not been good about posting!




Where has the time gone?!  I can't believe you are driving, Kyle!  You have paved the way for your brother and sisters, and I'm so proud of the man you are becoming! 

 Cousin love!!


 Way to go, Seth!! Now on to Fall Ball!




 Having fun at the Little League World Series with great friends!

Emily and her friend, Chewey!


Fun at Town and Country Day at my parent's farm!  



 First day of preschool!

Look what I learned at ballet class? 


I hope to post soon that we have our LOA!  We're coming as fast as we can, Shay Meilyn!  We love you to the moon and back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment